Perhaps you wish to improve the clarity of a video or add your own audio track. You might wish to add dubbed speech to an episode of a show that isn't in your native tongue. The reasons for eliminating audio from video might vary, but the end result is always the same– sound must occasionally be removed from video.
While certain sophisticated video editing tools, such as Combo, are designed specifically for this purpose, many are so difficult to use that they are cumbersome for the typical user.
Luckily, it doesn’t have to be difficult. In this guide, we’ll break down how to easily remove audio from video for any use case. There are so many different types of video software that one can use to remove audio from video. For the sake of brevity, we’ll look at how to do so via VLC, Adobe Premiere Pro, iPhone, Android, and Windows 10.
How to Remove Audio from a Video - VLC
To remove audio from a video in VLC, follow these instructions:
- VLC media player should be launched.
- Choose "Convert/Save" from the menu under "Media."
- Add the material from the video you wish to modify.
- Now select "Convert/Save" from the drop-down menu.
- You'll notice a tool symbol near "Profile" towards the bottom of the "Convert/Save" box. This icon should be clicked.
- Now that you're in the "Profile Edition" box, select "Audio Codec" from the menu.
- Make sure the "Audio" option is not selected. Give the project a name.
- Click "Start" after selecting the destination file.
- Please wait a moment. When you're done, you'll have a video without any original audio.
How to Remove Audio from a Video - Windows 10
To remove audio from a video in Windows 10, follow these steps:
- On Windows 10, open the Photos program.
- Select "New Project" from the video editing tab.
- Give your project a name. Add clips from your computer or the internet.
- Select "Place it on the Storyboard" from the drop-down menu.
- Turn off the volume by double-tapping the volume icon.
- You're ready to go. Select "Export," and the video will be downloaded without the audio.
How to Remove Audio from a Video - Adobe Premiere Pro
To remove audio from a video in Adobe Premiere Pro, follow these instructions:
- Install Adobe Premiere Pro on Windows 10 or your preferred operating system. The steps for removing audio from the video will be nearly identical.
- Launch the software when it has been installed.
- Select "File" then "New" from the top bar menu.
- By hitting "Import" or dragging your video clips into the dashboard, you may import them.
- Drag and drop the video(s) onto the timeline once they've been imported.
- Right-click on the clips as they show in the timeline. Select "Unlink" from the menu. On selected video clips, this will delink the audio from the visual.
- Select and delete the audio layers you want to remove.
- You're finished!
How to Remove Audio from a Video - iPhone
To remove audio from a video on iPhone, follow these steps:
- Select the video you wish to edit in the iPhone Photos app.
- In the upper right corner, select the "Edit" option.
- Make sure the yellow volume symbol in the upper left corner turns grey by clicking it.
- Save your settings, and your video is now muted!
- Use these instructions instead if you're using iMovie. On your iPhone, open the iMovie app.
- To begin a new project, tap the + icon.
- To upload a video from your camera roll, go to "Media."
- On the lower side of the screen, click and highlight your video timeline.
- Reduce the volume to zero by clicking the volume icon beneath the video timeline.
- Your video has been turned off! To save the project without the audio, share it.
How to Remove Audio from a Video - Android
To remove audio from a video in an Android device, follow these instructions:
- Locate the video you wish to edit in Google Photos on your Android.
- Select "Edit" from the menu.
- Disable the audio by clicking the volume icon on the left side.
- Changes should be saved. Your video has been muted for the time being.
- You may also make use of third-party video editing software. However, if you modify your video with most free Android apps, it will be watermarked.
Use the Best Video Editing Software
The above instructions for removing audio from video are quite helpful. However, wouldn’t it be easier to just use a more intuitive, web-based editing platform for video?
Combo is a web-based video editing platform designed for creators who want ease of use and plenty of editing features. Take a look at what our platform can do for everything from TikTok videos to YouTube content today!