Want to know where you can find your stream keys? Keep reading to find out.
How to Get Twitch Stream Key
- You need to begin by opening twitch and making sure you’re logged in.
- Next, click on your avatar which is situated in the top right corner.
- Click the settings tab.
- From there, go into the channel and videos tab which will take you to the Twitch dashboard. You may also have to switch back from the channel to steam on the menu to the left if you haven’t already been sent there by default.
- Last but not least, click on the copy button to copy your steam key. It is censored by default for privacy reasons.
Take note: If you have already done this previously and your Twitch stream isn’t working as it should, the problem could be that your Twitch Stream Key is no longer up to date. This is because Twitch recently reset all keys. This means you have to do it again and refresh it in your streaming app.
How to Get YouTube Stream Key
- Open up YouTube.com and ensure that you are still logged in.
- Hover up to the top right and click on your avatar.
- Click the tab that says YouTube Studio. If it is your first time visiting this tab, you may be asked to first verify your account. It will likely prompt you to do this if this is the case.
- Click the button that says go live on the top right. From there you will need to switch to the stream tab on the left navigation menu.
- Next, click the copy button in order to copy our steam key. It will be censored by default for privacy reasons.
- You will be able to copy the stream/service URL that is directly under it if the streaming software you’re using will require it. For example, Welder requires it.
How to Get Facebook Stream Key
The answer to this will depend on whether or not you’re streaming on your personal profile or on your actual Facebook page. Luckily, we will cover both of these options.
- Open up Facebook.com and ensure that you are logged into your personal profile.
- Click the live video button under where you would usually write a new post.
- Go back to the previous version of live producer on the top left if you have been defaulted to the new version.
- Click on the use stream key button.
- Click on the copy button to copy your stream key.
- Copy the stream/server URL that is situated directly under it if your software requires it.
- Open up Facebook.com and ensure that you are logged in to your preferred page.
- Click the live button under where you would usually write a new post to publish on your page.
- Switch back to the old version of live producer on the top left if you have been defaulted to the new one.
- Click on the use stream key button.
- From there, click the copy button to copy your stream key.
- Copy the stream/server URL right under it if your streaming software needs it.
- Open up Twitter.com and ensure that you are logged in.
- Click more on the left navigation menu and ensure that you go into media studio.
- Click on the producer tab situated at the top of the navigation bar.
- Click on the create broadcast button.
- Go to source or choose to create a new source.
- Choose a name and select the region that applies to you.
- Copy the stream key manually.
- If your streaming software requires it, you can also copy the stream/server URL.
How to Get LinkedIn Stream Key
Important note: LinkedIn live is only an option that is available to approved users.
- Ensure that you are logged into your own LinkedIn and go to the custom stream page.
- From there, select the button that says go live now under new stream.
- Click on the button that says create a post and select the profile or page you’re hoping to stream to.
- Click on the stream settings tab, pick the region that applies to you, and click get URL.
- From there, copy the stream key.
- If your streaming software requires it, you can copy the stream/server URL. As an example, Welder will require this.
Now that you are aware of where you can find all of the streaming keys, you will know just what you need to do in order to use them. Hopefully, all of your answers were answered in this blog post.